Tom Ellis, Editor, Professional Adviser
- Explain what the Consumer Duty is all about
- Identify the key areas within the Consumer Duty
Consider the practical application of The Consumer Duty within a Distributor's business model
As the global pandemic eases, financial professionals are faced with rapidly changing industry dynamics. In order to stay relevant with their clients and their teams, they must evolve their future-based business strategies by addressing volatility, complexity, and ambiguity. Financial professionals must ask themselves: “How will I combat this uncertainty and position the business to address the future of advice, growth, and work?”
The Business Strategy team at Goldman Sachs Asset Management believes that leaders must take a more detailed and diligent approach to leading their team, and must isolate and expose the most critical factors that drive the team’s performance and culture. We will discuss this and several other key factors on how to lead and position your business to adapt to this new normal in our session entitled: “Post-Pandemic Business Strategy: Leading and positioning your business for future growth”.
By the end of the session the delegates should be able to :
- We will identify what are the key characteristics of a high performing team, what adaptations need to be made in uncertain times, and how does your leadership/management play a key role in positioning your business for the future
- We will discuss key aspects of being a “positive” leader and how it plays an important role in the momentum and growth of your team and your business
- We will review in detail what you can do to properly position yourself, your team, and your business to address the future of Advice, Growth, and Work
- Identify where we are in the inflationary cycle and how far we are from peak inflation.
- Explain the relationship between interest rates and inflation
- Describe the historical impact of rising interest rates on M&A activity.
Fundment CEO Ola Abdul discusses three challenges the platform industry must overcome, and how the better use of technology can deliver significant value to Advisers and Clients.
By the end of the session the delegates will be able to:
- Obtain an overview of developments in platform capabilities and understand how technology is contributing
- Learn about the root causes of delays in platform transfer times and how these are being overcome
- Discover what an API is and the benefits to Advisers moving forwards
You’ve spent your career helping other people retire, but have you given much thought to your own future? Your clients are your livelihood, and your business is your retirement plan. Finding a trusted partner to support you on your journey can be a minefield, and is possibly one of the most important decisions you will take for your business. But where do you start and what do you need to consider?
By the end of the session the delegates will be able to :
- Identify opportunities in their business to build value
- Explain the range of options available to owners of advice businesses on retirement
- Implement a plan to achieve a successful handover
Chaired by Tom Ellis, Editor, Professional Adviser
Wednesday 15th June 2022
Leigh Court Business Centre, Pill Rd, Abbots Leigh, Bristol BS8 3RA
There is free parking at Leigh Court.