- 2020 a year in which we witnessed the fastest crash ever recorded in risk assets followed by an equal and opposite reaction rally. A stark reminder of the need to stay diversified!
- We will review the driver of key risk assets in this period and reflect upon their place in your clients‘ portfolios.
- Finally we will attempt to peer into the future to see what shape multi asset portfolios might take in this brave world we have created.
Peter Toogood, Managing Director, The Adviser Centre & CIO, Embark Group
The economic impact of the crisis has sent bond yields to record lows and forced corporates to suspend dividends in an unprecedented manner. Vincent will outline why now, more than ever, a multi asset solution is needed to deliver an attractive level of income.
Vincent McEntegart, Investment Manager, Aegon Asset Management
The use of active and passive investments should no longer be a binary debate, we believe there is a place for both in certain market conditions and within client portfolios. In this session we will cover:
- The return formula and sources of return
- Market efficiency and the impact on the use of active and passive investments
- Benefits of blending active and passive investments during the economic cycle and integrating this into an investment process
- How we have blended active and passive investments within the new Schroder Portfolios
Alex Funk, Chief Investment Officer, Benchmark Capital
As the world continues to wrestle with the pandemic, financial markets seem utterly untroubled. Indeed, some markets have recently set record highs. At the root of it all is bond yields. By understanding the links between bonds and other asset classes, we can see why 2020 has been the best of all possible worlds for some assets—but why a very different set of investments may offer more attractive returns going forward.
Rob Perrone, Investment Counsellor, Orbis Investments
- Why Multi-Asset and the growth in the market
- The characteristics of successful Multi-Asset strategies
- Finding the right fund for your client’s needs
Jock Glover, COO Research & Consulting, Square Mile Investment Consulting & Research Limited
Against a backdrop of complexity, the Baillie Gifford Managed Fund is a simple, successful and good value proposition. Asset allocation reflects the Fund’s aim to deliver capital growth over rolling five-year periods - the majority is typically invested in Baillie Gifford’s best regional equity investment ideas, with our global bond portfolio providing balance (while also adding to returns) and cash used tactically as required. The success of the Fund is attributable to the consistency with which we have applied our active, optimistic and long-term approach since 1987.
Lucy Haddow, Client Service Director, Baillie Gifford
ESG and impact investing has evolved incredibly over the past years, driven by investor demand and the marked financial materiality of the ESG factors. COVID-19 has further solidified the importance and prevalence of ESG as an investing lens, with “good” companies recovering more quickly from the drawdown. This growth has ushered in new investment approaches and opportunities for advisors to navigate with their clients. We will explore how UK advisors can implement ESG in their portfolios, elucidate some ESG-specific due diligence considerations, and make a connection between ESG and the advisor’s success with retention in intergenerational wealth transfers.
Julia Rees, Executive Director, Goldman Sachs Asset Management
It’s easy to forget that investment funds exist to solve problems, just like any other product. Investors can get caught up in trying to find the latest investment idea and lose sight of what is important. During this presentation, I aim to bring listeners back to the fundamental question of ‘what problem am I trying to solve?’. Once I have identified some common investor needs and preferences, I look at how we have chosen to solve these problems at HSBC Global Asset Management.
Robert Wakefield Multi-Asset Investment Specialist, HSBC Global Asset Management
A chance to browse the Exhibition Hall and chat with your peers in the Networking Area