Professional Adviser Working Lunches in partnership with Schroders
In the latest series of Professional Adviser’s Working Lunches, we have partnered with Schroders to discuss two key issues affecting adviser businesses today.
During these two, one-hour lunchtime sessions, Schroders’ Director of Intermediary services Gillian Hepburn and Unique Financial Planning M.D. Philip Martin will discuss the challenges and opportunities presented by Inter-generational Wealth and ESG Fund Selection.
Each session will qualify for 1 Hour of CPD and all attendees will be entered into our December prize draw for a £2,500 Kuoni Holiday voucher.
Profiting from Inter-generational Wealth Opportunities
18th August | 13:00 - 14:00 | Online
This session will explore the opportunities and challenges of inter-generational wealth transfer. We will consider how to quantify this opportunity within your business, discuss some practical actions which you might want to consider and also how Covid-19 may impact this.
- The opportunity and challenges: £5.5 trillion moving across generations in next 30 years but 65% of people inheriting wealth don’t use the same adviser.
- The numbers: Quantifying this for your business, do you have an opportunity or a challenge? Can you audit this within your business? Are you focused on managing family wealth? How can you use current data within your business to monitor success?
- Perceived challenges: Lack of proposition for the next generation and profitably? What services can you deliver? Do you need different skills within your business to facilitate family conversations?
- Practical steps to addressing these: Do you have the right solutions in place? (mortgages, protection, pensions advice) and can you offer different charging structures for family members?
- Has Covid-19 helped or hindered?: Has this changed your clients attitudes to passing on wealth? Do clients have care home concerns, increasing demand for wills/power of attorney? Should they lock in IHT opportunities? Are family conversations easier? Does the increased use of technology help?
Building Confidence in ESG Fund Selection
26th August | 13:00 - 14:00 | Online
This session will explore some of the challenges associated with ESG investment, conversations with your clients in advance of regulatory updates and the questions to ask providers to help select the right solutions for your clients.
- Definitions: Is this a challenge and how can we work towards further consistency – do clients understand ESG, sustainability and positive impact and how can we help address this?
- Client conversations: Are you ready for the MifID II regulations and sustainable preferences being included in suitability? Are compromises required when selecting investment solutions?
- Questions for providers: What is the process and methodology for assessing ESG, the level of engagement and track record of influencing change and examples of where engagement has made a difference? Can you spot the experts?
- Reporting: How can you reassure clients that their investments have had an impact and are making a difference? Performance: Is performance drag a myth when investing sustainably?